Rubber Plant Ruby / Ficus Elastica
- Regular price
- Sale price
Average room temperatures of 60 - 75°F (15 - 24°C are fine. Avoid lower than 55°F (12°C), sudden temperature drops and cold drafts.-LIGHT- A nice brightly lit spot is ideal, without direct sunlight.-WATERING- Water once the soil becomes slightly dry to the touch and make sure the pot has sufficient drainage holes to allow excess water to seep through. The worst thing you can do regarding watering is "give it too much".-SOIL- A well-draining and well-aerated potting soil is needed. 1 part peat, 1 part pine bark and 1 part coarse sand (or perlite) is a good mix.-FERTILIZER- Feed during spring and summer with a diluted liquid fertilizer every two weeks.-HUMIDITY- Normal room humidity is fine. To improve humidity mist the leaves when it gets very warm in the summer.-PROPAGATION- These can be quite tricky to propagate by stem tip cuttings, but you can succeed. Take a cutting (few inches long) and allow the sap to dry for 1 hour. Before potting the cutting in soil use rooting hormone and then provide the bottom of the pot some heat (usually using a heat pad). The temperature wants to be kept at around 70°F (21°C) - 75°F (24°C) ideally.*** Please note that each plant may vary slightly because there is no two alike in nature. This item will ship with plant, roots, some soil, and no pot if not purchased as a bundle or separately.**Shipping** Most plants will be shipped bare rooted, unless stated explicitly. Due to the fragile nature, plants might develop stress during transit. Please do expect that plants may have small amounts of damage during shipping, but if it has above normal damage, please send a photo of the damage the day it arrives and we will send you a new one.
- When your plant arrives, avoid placing it in direct or very bright light.
- Please allow your plant to acclimate to its new environment and wait at least 3-4 weeks before repotting.
- We recommend that you research care needs for your plant.
- Please contact us immediately if you are having problems with your plant at email@example.com
- All live plants sales are final.
- If your plant arrived dead or in a very poor condition, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 12 hours of receipt, with photos showing the condition.
- We do our best preparing your plants for shipment so they will arrive at your home healthily. However, some plants are tend to be more fragile and could show signs of stress after shipping. This is normal and will recover after a couple days.
- If not specified, all plants will be shipped bare rooted.
- Standard shipping insurance is included with USPS priority mail, additional insurance could be purchased separately. Please reach out to email@example.com to learn more.